An American professional baseball pitcher who is currently a free agent is named as Patrick Corbin. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Arizona Diamondbacks. He returned to the Diamondbacks in the year 2015, but struggled, and was removed from the starting rotation in the year 2016. After returning to the rotation in the year 2017, he started for the Diamondbacks on Opening Day in 2018. He was named an All-Star for the second time in his career in the year 2018. He is a very talented baseball player. His bats position and throws position both are left. He made his MLB debut on 30th April 2012.
Gossips and Rumors
In signing Patrick Corbin, the Nats are winning the offseason without Bryce Harper. When the Nats act suddenly, as they did Tuesday by reaching an agreement with Patrick Corbin, the best free agent pitcher of this offseason, on what Yahoo Sports reports is a six-year, $140 million deal, the sport smacks its collective forehead with shock because it did not see the Nationals coming. The Nats offered a sixth year on their deal, just as they once offered a seventh year to Jayson Werth because they thought he was absolutely their key piece at that time. This offseason, it was the pitching staff that absolutely needed a top-of-the-rotation upgrade, particularly a left-handed one with Gio Gonzalez now a free agent.
- Being the best baseballer.
Early Life of Patrick
Patrick Corbin was born on 19th July 1989 with the birth name of Patrick Alan Corbin. As of 2018, he is 29 years old. He was born in Clay, New York. His nationality is American. He was born to Dan Sr. and Patty, his parents. His father was a driver and mother was a nurse. His father built a basketball court in his backyard. He played Pop Warner football, basketball in the Catholic Youth Organization, and Little League baseball. For baseball, Corbin was a fan of the New York Yankees. He also has three siblings.
Regarding his education, he attended from Cicero-North Syracuse High School and later enrolled at Mohawk Valley Community College.
Body Features of Patrick
Patrick has got a very cool body features. He has an athletic and strong body build. With his charming smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 1.91 m and has a very balanced and healthy weight. His weight is 84 Kg. His other body measurement will be updated very soon.
Career of Patrick
- Patrick played baseball from his high school when his friends on the basketball team convinced him to try out for the baseball team in his junior year, and with little training, he was able to throw as fast as 80 miles per hour (130 km/h).
- He had an 8-0 win-loss record at C-NS in the year 2007 on his senior season.
- He was named to the All-League team and first-team All-Central New York.
- Scouts from two teams attempted to sign Corbin as an undrafted free agent for a $75,000 signing bonus when he was in Mohawk College.
- Then, he signed a letter of intent with the University of Southern Mississippi in the 2009 season.
- Angels drafted Corbin in the second round of the draft, with the 80th overall selection.
- He signed with the Angels, receiving a $450,000 signing bonus, foregoing his commitment to Southern Miss.
- He allowed 23 hits and 12 earned runs in 17 1⁄3 innings, giving him a 6.23 ERA in his first six appearances.
- Baseball America ranked him the Angels 12th best prospect prior to the 2010 season.
- He began the 2010 season with the Cedar Rapids Kernels of the Class A Midwest League.
- He had an 8-0 record and 3.86 ERA, allowing 25 earned runs in 58 1⁄3 innings in nine starts for Cedar Rapids.
- Later, he was traded to the Diamondbacks and later assigned to the Visalia Rawhide.
- He pitched to a 1.38 ERA in 26 innings with Visalia.
- He finished the 2011 season with a 9-8 win-loss record and 142 strikeouts in 160 1⁄3 innings pitched.
- His strikeout total led the Southern League, and Mobile won the league championship.
- After that, the Diamondbacks invited him to spring training in the year 2012.
- Then, the Diamondbacks promoted Corbin to the major leagues on 30the April 2012.
- He allowed three runs in 5 2⁄3 innings in his MLB debut against the Miami Marlins, picking up the win.
- He made the Diamondbacks’ Opening Day roster out of spring training in 2013, pitching in the starting rotation.
- He also won the National League (NL) Pitcher of the Month Award for May 2013, after he pitched to a 5-0 record and 1.53 ERA in five games started.
- The Diamondbacks placed him on the 15-day disabled list on March 30 due to his surgery and returned to the Diamondbacks on July 4, 2015.
- He pitched to a 4-12 record and a 5.58 ERA in 24 starts through mid-August, with a 7.68 ERA over his last nine starts in the year 2016.
- He finished the 2017 season with a 4.03 ERA in 189 2⁄3 innings pitched; his ERA during the final three months of the season was 2.90.
- He started for the Diamondbacks on Opening Day in the year 2018.
- On April 17, against the San Francisco Giants, he threw 7 2⁄3 no-hit innings in a complete game shutout.
He made the 2018 Major League Baseball All-Star Game, after pitching to a 6-3 record and a 3.05 ERA with 140 strikeouts in 112 innings.
- He became a free agent after the season.
Affairs of Patrick
Patrick is a married man with his longtime girlfriend, Jen. The couple got engaged in May 2017 and married in November 2018. The couple is living a happy life together and there is no any sign of separation between them. They are planning to have a baby soon.
Net Worth of Patrick
Patrick Corbin is a pro baseball player who plays Starting pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks as # 46. The net worth of this famous baseballer is surely in millions. He is under a 1 (2018) year contract worth a total of $8 million. He is currently earning approximately $8 million per year. Over the years, Corbin earned $500,000 in 2014, $500,000 in 2015, $3 million in 2016, $4 million in 2017, and $8 million in 2018. His net worth is estimated to have $15 Million as of 2018. His exact salary will be updated soon.