An American record executive, talent manager, as well as a businessman who is best known for being the manager of Destiny’s Child, is named for Mathew Knowles. He also managed his daughters Beyonce and Solange Knowles. Moreover, he is the ex-husband of Tina Knowles and father-in-law of Jay-Z. At present, he is battling breast cancer.
Early Life of Mathew
In the year 1952, Mathew opened his eyes for the first time. He was raised in Gadsden, Alabama, the USA. He is the son of Lou Helen Knowles and Matthew Q. Knowles. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed. He attended Fisk University in Nashville, Tennessee, where he earned both a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 66th birthday with his friends and families.
Body Measurement sof Mathew
Being at the age of 66, Mathew still looks very handsome with cool attitude and a charming smile on his face attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 6 ft 4 in with the perfect matching body weight. But his exact weight and other body measurements has not been revealed by any sources but it will be added soon once we get details about it.
Career of Mathew
- By selling office and medical equipment, Mathew began his business career.
- After moving to Houston in the year 1976, he worked for the Xerox Corporation for 10 years, primarily in the medical-systems sales division.
- He worked selling a CT/MRI diagnostic imaging equipment to hospitals and health facilities.
- He then worked in neurosurgical sales.
- Later in 1992, he left this career to devote himself to his music company, Music World Entertainment, which he founded that year.
- He then established many recording imprints under Music World Entertainment, including Music World Gospel, Music World Kids, and Music World Country/Compadre.
- Moreover, he also established joint ventures with Sony Music, Interscope/Geffen/A&M, Fontana/Universal, Integrity Africa, Fontana International, and Sony Brazil.
- He then founded Spirit Rising Music in the year 2002 which became Music World Gospel.
- The artist of Music World Gospel includes Vanessa Bell Armstrong, Brian Courtney Wilson, Micah Stampley, Juanita Bynum, Le’Andria Johnson, Amber Bullock, Andrea Helms, Trinitee 5:7, and Elder Goldwire.
- He acquired the country music catalog Compadre in the year 2016 which includes Johnny Cash, Billy Joe Shaver, James McMurty, Trent Willmon, and Kate Campbell.
- Later, he launched the family-oriented music imprint, Music World Kids.
- The label has released youth projects that include Baby Jamz, Krazy Kuzins, Kid’s Rap Radio, and the Music World Kids CD 5-pack.
- This also released music from Nickelodeon’s popular cartoon series, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!.
- In addition, he became manager of the vocal group Destiny’s Child, by working as either a producer or an executive producer on many of the group’s projects.
- Destiny’s Child became a top-selling group, winning several awards including the Grammy Award, the American Music Award, BET Awards, and many others.
- He is also one of the executive producers of the 2009 movie Obsessed.
- He is also the executive producer of and is featured in, two reality series: The UK’s Chancers, and MTV International’s Breaking From Above.
- He released his first book, “The DNA Of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals” in October 2015.
- Billboard announced that Mathew Knowles joined the advisory board of Tunedly, an online recording studio for songwriters in March 2018.
- Mathew announced in October 2019 that he is suffering from male breast cancer.
Marital Status of Mathew
- Mathew is a married person. He was married to his wife, Tina Knowles in the year 1980. Later, Tina filed for divorce in 2009, dropped the matter in 2010, then refiled in August 2011, stating “discord or conflict of personalities” which prevented them from “reasonable expectation of reconciliation” as the reason. The divorce was finalized on November 2011. He fathered a child with actress Alexsandra Wright, like a paternity test established in the year 2009.
- After that, he married Gena Avery. He also fathered a child with TaQoya Branscomb, as a paternity test also established in the year 2010.
- Overall, he is the father of four children named Beyonce, Solange, Nixon, and Koi.
Net Worth of Mathew
The net worth of this manager, businessman, music executive as well as record producer is estimated to have $50 Million as of 2019. But he has not mentioned anything regarding his salary but it will be added soon as our team is researching it. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings without a doubt.