6 Easy Ways To Fix COM Error In QuickBooks
QuickBooks is a superb software accounting. But this is not fully free of mistakes and flaws, like any other computer software or application. Whereas many frequent errors can only be remedied by following the directions of the screen or by means of small problem solving, many may have to fix an expert. And today, we tackle a typical QuickBooks issue in this blog post – COM Error In QuickBooks– which is lucky that you can cure it if you do correct troubleshooting methods.
This mistake is usually noticed by trying to email a customer an invoice. The “Crash Com Error” error message is shown on the screen. You should study this text attentively till the end to understand how to solve the crash fault of QuickBooks. Alternatively, our QuickBooks support team may also be contacted and remedied for your issue as soon as feasible. Just phone our QuickBooks Free error support number 1-844-405-0904and our professionals are going to take control.
What is the root cause of the COM Error In QuickBooks?
You will discover all of the ways to cure the COM Error In QuickBooks issue later in this blog post, but first, let’s learn a bit about it. You should be aware that this mistake is quite inconvenient.
Of course, it’s inconvenient to make all the necessary modifications to a receipt or invoice and then be unable to submit it to your client. This problem might occur after Microsoft makes changes or releases updates.
You may potentially lose unsaved information or corporate data as a result of this issue, and we realize how upsetting it is to lose vital information. Please keep in mind that encountering this error on a regular basis may cause the computer to malfunction.
valid reasons for COM Error In QuickBooks
Crashing QuickBooks is a regular issue due to different kinds of causes. Below we highlighted a few reasons for this error:
- Windows or other components fail to sync.
- Damage to or loss of Windows components and MS NET components might be a frequent cause of crash com error.
- Improper QuickBooks accounting software installation.
- An error can also be caused by the accidental deletion of the file connected to QB.
- Antivirus or firewall that impedes QuickBooks’s desktop connectivity procedure.
- One of the explanations might potentially be a virus or malware infestation.
- Damaged windows may crash the QB software
When may you notice the COM Error in QuickBooks?
Many circumstances can occur COM Error in QuickBooks, when you experience this error, some of them described below:
- When you email invoices or when the invoices are opened.
- When any file or item is attached.
- Also, if something is tried to save.
- You can also encounter this problem when you attempt to open the check register.
- This mistake might show on the screen if a report is opened.
6 Easy Ways To Fix COM Error In QuickBooks
Method 1: Add User admin window
Adding a new user window admin might assist to repair the crash com problem. This method is followed by the following steps:
- The first step is to write the Windows user with administrative permissions.
- Start menu while opening the windows.
- And then pick all applications, then open the Windows small business server and choose the Windows SBS Console.
- Go ahead, please click Users and Groups and tap Add a new user account tab.
- The following stage in this procedure is for user information to be completed and a new user account wizard to be followed.
- Now provide admin access to the new user.
- If finished, select Finish.
- And log in with the new user onto windows.
- The QuickBooks programme is then reopened.
Method 2:Updating Microsoft Outlook
- To begin, open Microsoft Outlook and go to the File menu.
- After that, choose an office account and then update settings.
- Finally, choose the option to update now.
Method 3: Add an email account in Microsoft Outlook
- To begin, open Microsoft Outlook and click on the File menu.
- Then, to begin the setup process, choose Info, followed by Adding Account.
- After that, insert the email address to be added and click Next.
- Wait for Microsoft Outlook to choose the server before clicking Connect.
- After that, type in the password and press the OK button.
- Finally, click OK to finish the setup.
- If QuickBooks is unable to identify Microsoft Outlook, try the following procedures to check if it’s one of the email options:
- Go to your QuickBooks desktop and open it.
- After that, go to Edit and select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Send Forms option next.
- Finally, choose the My Preferences option.
Method 4: Make Microsoft Outlook your default mail client
If the following techniques fail to resolve the problem, you may set Microsoft Outlook as your default mail programme, which would resolve the glitch to some extent. The following are the stages involved in this procedure:
- To begin, go to the Control Panel, then to Programs.
- The following step is to choose your default programmes.
- Then select the Set Your Default Programs option, followed by the Mail option.
- Now, choose Outlook and save your changes.
- If the problem continues, move on to the next procedure.
Method 5: Upgrade QuickBooks to the most recent version.
- The first step is to go to the help menu and pick the option to update QuickBooks.
- Then, switch to the update now tab. To erase all past update downloads, it is recommended that you click the reset updates option.
- The next step is to choose the Get Updates option and begin the download.
- After the download is complete, you will need to restart QuickBooks.
- Accept the option to install the most recent release when prompted.
Method 6:Toggle mail settings
- Go to the control panel first, then the user account.
- Select the mail option, then Microsoft Outlook.
- Next, go to the profile option and pick show profile.
- Select OutlookCOM Error in QuickBooks.
- If the Always use this profile option is chosen, make sure that the Prompt for a profile to be used option is selected, and then press the Apply button.
- After that, pick the option to always use this profile.
- Finally, choose the Apply option before pressing the OK button.
In this post, we’ve tried to compile a list of 6 of the most effective ways to resolve the COM Error in QuickBooks. However, there are a few alternative options for resolving this issue. You should be able to use the procedures described in this article in most cases.
Seek expert help if the problem persists or recurs. Also, by calling our toll-free number, 1-844-405-0904, and speaking with a member of our QuickBooks enterprise technical support staff about the problem.
We are a cluster of technocrats that try to give our clients the finest possible and highly personalized solutions in the shortest amount of time.