Poor decision making has always been a key factor which leads to many have-never satisfied. It can start with a relatively easy decision like choosing your phone or car and continue to more difficult choices like who you should marry. The 10 parameters are what all the tech sites say are important in making this critical decision – performance, display, camera quality, battery life, apps storage capacity and memory etc.
This article will further discuss the comparison of these phones in depth so that you can make a more informed choice even if it’s not for you!
- Performance: So what makes a phone performance difference? Performance is all about multitasking and the speed at which apps are run on the phone. A faster processor/GPU, higher RAM and graphics processing will give you much better performance. An average smartphone has a very basic processor, RAM compared to other high-end phones available in the market today. Even the low-end phones are no match to the flagship devices like OnePlus 5 or Samsung Galaxy S8. This is why you see many users prefer to get their devices from other OEMs like Oppo, Vivo or Xiaomi. However, Samsung is the only OEM to have a true octa-core chipset (Exynos 8890) while many of its competitors have quad core chipsets. The HTC 10 uses a Snapdragon 820, which has a slightly better performance as compared with other flagship devices. The iPhone 8 and X also use these chipsets. In a Honor phone comparison with other phones, HiSilicon Kirin 960 on the Huawei Mate 9 has been found to be significantly faster than Snapdragon 820 and Exynos 8890 in most tests.
- Display: Screen resolution is one of the most important parameters in any smartphone. Apart from the regular full HD display, there are other high-level display technologies like QHD (2360×1440), UHD (3840×2160) and OLED. However, this is not a major factor that makes a difference as far as how to buy a phone. It’s all about how the phone functions and performs in day to day life. Many speculators have pointed out that the iPhone X, while having a 4K display and no notch, has been outperformed by other Snapdragon 820-powered devices like Oppo R7s or Huawei Mate 9 Pro in terms of display quality due to poor brightness and viewing angles.
- Camera: The camera is one of the most important aspects in smartphones. Smartphone cameras with high megapixels and lens quality offer a lot more detail and better low-light photography. Further, they feature advanced autofocus, optical image stabilization and fast shutter speeds to capture sharp images even in dim light. In an Honor phone comparison, it was found that a dual camera setup offers the best of both worlds – a wide sensor for focusing on close objects as well as a telephoto lens for distant subjects creating an excellent depth of field effect.
- Battery life: Smartphones these days come with a large variety of features like 4G compatibility and high-resolution displays, which consume much more energy than one would expect. Buyers often have to look for a device that can last longer than average. We have seen that companies are now working on improving this parameter like Huawei’s Eco-Mode for low-power consumption or the Sony Xperia XZ Premium’s new 960 mAh battery.
- Ports: There are various ports available on smartphones, such as USB 3.1 (USB Type C), USB 2.0 and quick charging ports, which allow you to charge your phone faster and transfer data in a jiffy. These days most of the phones come with support for quick charging technology which means they will be charged much faster than regular devices of the same size and price range.
- Storage: Smartphones today come with a lot of storage space (from 16 GB to 128 GB), but most devices are still filled with unnecessary apps and games which you can’t delete. RAM is another important parameter similar to the memory used by devices. A high RAM ensures that you can use your phone even when running multiple apps at the same time. The better the RAM, the more multitasking will be smooth. When it comes to storage, Honor is a great option. After an Honor phone comparison, you can consider buying a phone from that series as well.
As this article has clearly shown, the comparison itself is not very straightforward. While there are tons of parameters at play, the important thing you should consider is which phone fits your needs and budget the best.